Friday, February 20, 2009

One Shot



Initially, I was nervous about approaching a complete stranger, chatting them up, and taking their portrait. The confinements of taking only one shot also put the pressure on. Thankfully, I met a couple of really nice people today as I was walking home through Lower Haight. First, I met Gloria on Page Street, who was wearing a cool hat and purple pants. It turns out that she was quite into photography back in the day. In fact, she mentioned she has a darkroom enlarger and other photo equipment that she wouldn't mind donating to a school. (Academy of Art, perhaps?) A bit later, I was photographing a shadow on the side of a building when I met Tien. She was kind enough to pose and I found out that she lives just a few blocks away from me. Even though my time with Gloria and Tien was brief, it was a great experience personally and it also put my photo skills to the test! 
(Top photo: Tien; Bottom photo: Gloria)

-Amanda

No comments: