Friday, February 20, 2009

One Shot

Like every semester, I look for interesting people to shoot. I sent out a bunch of emails to circus performers, troupes and schools hoping they'd be willing to let me take portraits of them. This is Gregangelo. He's the owner/founder of Gregangelo's Velocity Circus here in San Francisco. He was the first to reply to my email. He said he's more of an 'in-person' person and would rather meet me first to talk and see his place. I could easily say he is one of the most interesting and creative people I've ever met. I was real nervous and wanted to make a good first impression. After spending the day with him, I couldn't be any more excited to shoot and work with him further. This image was taken in between all the action in his busy home. Thank goodness he stayed still for a moment just for this one shot. 
-Francesca

1 comment:

chrissylynn photography said...

This is great. colorful, busy, yet organized.. i definately get
circus-environment type of guy from this picture