Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Shot



We hosted a show at our house last night, so I was fortunate enough to be able to talk to lots of strangers.  I was very nervous going into the night knowing that I would eventually have to take at least one portrait of someone who I had just met.  This is something that is definitely out of my comfort zone.  Through the process, I felt like I was able to connect with several people and by the end of the conversation, the photo was very easy to take.  The photo that I posted is of the person I talked to the most.  It turned out that we have a mutual friend and he is actually moving soon to work on his post-doc at my alma mater- the University of Illinois.  It was amazing how much we had in common and by the end of the night I felt very comfortable.   It made the photo-taking experience much more enjoyable after making the personal connection.

-Rachel

1 comment:

AAU GRAD PHOTO said...

nice, rachel. he looks very thoughtful