Friday, February 20, 2009

One-shot portrait

Hi guys, this is Chrissy Lynn. I am in NYC this week so I will be missing Saturday's class. I'm bummed about it because I know what I'm missing. I saw Alexander Berg speak in NY last October, am familiar with his 'one shot' series and I really admire his work.

It's my twin sister's birthday. I decided to get a haircut, and really got to know my hairdresser during that time. I ask her if I could take just one picture of her and she agreed. I liked the approach to set the one-shot parameter on our portrait. I think this encourages us to get to know the person and develop a comfort level with them in order to capture any personality or emotion in their eyes. With giving ourselves only one chance to get a good portrait, it forces us to take more time into getting to know the subject.

This is Heather, a hairdresser @ the famous Cutler in SoHo. She moved to NY from the country in Pennsylvania 5 years ago, has two cats and really loves mint chocolate chip ice cream.

[I still haven't figured out how to link my personal blog to this blog, but here's the link to copy/paste if you're interested in seeing what I've been up to. http://photomonkeyc.blogspot.com/

There's a relevant post I put up a few days ago referencing last Saturday's class, but was unable until today to log into the aaublog. check it out!

have a great day.. chrissy lynn

No comments: