Sunday, September 14, 2008

GUEST SPEAKER 9/20 PAUL TRAPANI






We're fortunate to have Paul Trapani as our guest this saturday, 9/20. I've blogged about Paul on my personal blog in the past, and for the sake of brevity will attach this post below:


Just did these portraits for my new website (soon!) of my friend and colleague Paul Trapani. Paul is a fellow director / photo / educator guy and hands down the best hockey player I have ever had the opportunity to play with. He's not the most gifted player out there, but he's that coast to coast break through the defenders and score while falling through the air, Bobby Orr style. All heart. When I was captain of the team, we were in last place, but I had Paul take over and we've now won 3 championships in 7 years (and not because of me.)

Paul is one of my favorite photo subjects, I just love the expressive faces he makes, as well as the ones he doesn't

The Deardorff 8x10 view camera belonged to Paul's father.

check out his photo work here

James


No comments: